[ Community Involvement ]
Tobin Lanzetta Community Involvement
[ Associations ]
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Chapter, Member
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
Santa Monica, California -
866-576-1200 (Toll Free)
Tobin M. Lanzetta's trial practice focuses on products liability, catastrophic personal injury, wrongful death and municipal liability. He has successfully helped litigate or settle numerous high profile cases, including a $13.82 million jury verdict in Garcia v. MTA; a $2.6 million jury verdict in Mehdipour v. City of Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus; a multi-million settlement in the Santa Monica Farmers' Market cases; a $9 million settlement in Ho v. City of Rancho Palos Verdes; a $3 million settlement in Saucedo v. Los Angeles Unified School District; and a $3 million settlement in Blood v. County of San Bernardino. Tobin handles large, multi-party catastrophic injury cases including, large trucking and motor coach crashes, as well as railroad and airplane crashes.
Tobin has obtained confidential settlements in wrongful death and severe injury cases totaling more than $30 million.
In 2005, and 2007-2012, Southern California Rising Stars Magazine/Los Angeles Magazine named Tobin a "Rising Star", which lists the top 2.5 percent of noteworthy attorneys in Los Angeles and Orange Counties as voted upon by the Super Lawyers named by the magazine. Tobin is a member of the American Association for Justice (Formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) and the Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Los Angeles Chapter. He is also a member of the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.
Tobin attended Swarthmore College (1993-1994) and earned a B.S. in Political Science from Santa Clara University in 1997, with a minor in Economics. He played professional baseball, pitching for various minor league teams in the Montreal Expos and the Los Angeles Dodgers organizations.
Areas of Practice
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Personal Injury
- Products Liability Law
- Municipal Liability
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- J.D. - 2003
- Santa Clara University - 1997
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Economics
- Swarthmore College - 1994
- Mehdipour v. City of Santa Monica's Big Blue Bus
- Ho v. City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Saucedo v. Los Angeles Unified School District
- Blood v. County of San Bernardino
Honors and Awards
- Southern California Rising Stars, 2005, 2007-2012