Los Angeles Sports Injury Lawyer
Santa Monica Athletic Accident Attorney
A sprained ankle or broken arm might be expected in a sporting event, but few parents think their child's life could be in danger when they head off to the football field on a summer day, or to a municipal swimming pool or day camp. Yet every year dozens of people die and hundreds are injured in sports and recreational accidents.
If your child or family member suffered a life-changing injury or died in a recreational or sports-related accident and you believe negligent supervision, negligent coaching, unsafe products, or unsafe property conditions were to blame, talk to a lawyer.
The Los Angeles sports injury lawyers at Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP, have represented both injured victims and family members grieving the wrongful death of a loved one in an athletic accident. We have achieved significant verdicts and settlements for our clients, including:
- $8.8 million verdict for a 14-year-old girl who suffered a brain injury when she was involved in a motor vehicle accident on a 4H-sponsored camping trip.
- $4.1 million verdict for a 12-year-old child who suffered a head injury due to a defective playground swing.
See other verdicts and settlements for sports and recreation injury claims.
Assumption of Risk and Waivers of Liability
Don't assume there is no way to hold the responsible party accountable because you or the victim signed a waiver of liability. Sports and recreation accidents happen in a number of ways. Sometimes the waiver of liability does not apply because of dangerous pre-existing conditions or because a different party was responsible. Lack of training, lack of supervision or alcohol abuse may have played a part.
Sometimes a defective product caused the accident or worsened the injuries. Our firm has been named the "#1 personal injury law firm in California" by Best Lawyers in America, and a Top Tier national firm in Products Liability by US News and World Reports/ Best Lawyers.
- Drownings in swimming, boating, diving or Jet Ski accidents
- Injuries and deaths at wilderness camps and educational camps
- Accidents at scouting camps
- Injuries or deaths from negligent coaching
- Skiing accidents from failure to warn of dangerous conditions or to prevent entry to dangerous areas
To speak to a Santa Monica athletic accident attorney about a sports injury claim, please contact Greene Broillet & Wheeler, LLP. From offices in Santa Monica, we represent clients in the Los Angeles area and throughout Southern California and the entire state. We also consult with attorneys and clients nationwide.